The Relevance of Radio Advertising
1. Radio Has Tremendous Reach
“The fact of the matter is, as consumers, our eyeballs are maxed out. There are virtually no open spaces left to bolt a video screen or paste yet another logo. As the media landscape continues to fragment and evolve, a new trend is emerging: audio-based content is hip and decidedly in fashion.” — Brad Kelly, managing director of Nielsen Audio
2. Radio Enables Selective Targeting
Not only do 56% of listeners state that radio talent is the main reason they tune in, but 37% of music listeners say that one of the things they like most about listening to traditional radio – that adds to their enjoyment of the music – are the DJs. According to a Katz Media Group survey of radio listeners:
- 87% are privy to details of the DJ’s personal life.
- 5 out of 10 follow a DJ or radio station on social media.
- 4 out of 10 have met a DJ personally in their community.
- 8 out of 10 say they would consider trying something that their favorite radio personality endorses.
3. Radio Is Cost-Effective
4. Radio Improves Brand Awareness
5. Radio Is the Anywhere, Anytime Medium
6. Radio Provides Measurable Results
You can measure the effectiveness of your campaigns by tracking response by ad and radio station to calculate metrics such as:
- Cost per lead (phone call or click)
- Cost per order
- Revenue per order
- Return on media investment
7. Radio Works Well with Other Marketing Channels
Jungle Communications is a full-service radio advertising agency, providing:
- Media planning and media buying
- Radio promotion advertising
- Live broadcast planning