While it may seem simple to share an image and publish a short commentary, managing and building a brand’s online presence requires a fine-tuned strategy and critical skills. Social media managers go beyond simply creating media pages and posting content. They are responsible for managing the company’s brand as seen by the world. So what does a social media manager actually do? What essential skills do they need to fulfill their day-to-day role?
Day-to-Day Responsibilities of a Social Media Manager
1) Creating editorial calendars of relevant content specific to each channel
2) Developing and representing the brand with a consistent personality
3) Responding to audience questions, comments, and feedback
4) Tracking success through engagement ratings, metrics, and analytics
5) Participating in visual design strategy and development
Essential Skills Every Social Media Manager Should Have
1) Copywriting skills
2) Graphic design skills
3) Communication and customer care skills
4) Research skills
5) Creativity to think outside the box
- Develop innovative social campaigns
- Create visually appealing, multimedia content
- Consider every aesthetic feature of a social post — from images to links to the copy formatting
- Lead productive brainstorm sessions that bring out teammates’ best ideas
- Sharpen and expand their brand’s voice and persona
On par with creativity is having a sense of humor and the ability to improvise in any given situation.
With over 150 years of combined marketing and advertising experience, our team of highly skilled social media marketers will help you grow your business by growing your relationships. Contact us today to begin your journey!
Really enjoyed this Adia. Looking forward to the next one!