When developing marketing strategies to bring existing and prospective customers back to your business, you may find yourself comparing as both are effective ways to re-engage prospects who have already shown interest in your brand.
Retargeting and remarketing are similar because they have the same goals:
- Target audiences who are already aware of your brand and build continuing brand awareness and recognition
- Engage qualified audiences who are most likely to purchase
The differences between retargeting vs. remarketing lie in the methods used to achieve these goals:
- Retargeting, for the most part, utilizes paid advertising to re-engage audiences who have visited your website or social media profiles
- Remarketing primarily uses email to re-engage previous customers who have already done business with your brand
While there is some overlap in the two strategies, there are also specific differences in the tactics used to drive customers to your brand.
What is Retargeting?
Retargeting campaigns can be done with the help of paid advertising, including Google Ads, Facebook retargeting, LinkedIn Ads, and other advertising platforms. Serious marketers today use retargeting as a vital tool to connect with their customers and increase their sales and customer loyalty.
What is Remarketing?
Benefits of Remarketing
The biggest payoff for email remarketing campaigns is higher conversion rates. According to Moz, the conversion rates from remarketing emails can be as high as 41%. This is monumental compared to the average eCommerce conversion rate of just 1-2%. Other benefits include:
- Recycle and repurpose your content marketing material, thereby reducing product and marketing costs
- Remarketing emails generate nearly four times greater revenue than non-targeted campaigns (Forrester Research)
- Your focus is on attracting new customers
- You’re driving a lot of traffic to your site but aren’t triggering conversions
- You don’t have an email list of interested prospects
- Your focus is on re-engaging current or former customers
- You don’t have the budget for ads
- You already have an engaged email list
At the end of the day, when it comes to two, you don’t have to choose. You can use both strategies simultaneously to maximize your results and drive even more interested prospects into your sales funnel.
Getting Started with Retargeting and Remarketing
Still confused about what your marketing campaign needs? At Jungle Communications, we specialize in both retargeting ads as well as email remarketing. Our highly skilled digital marketing team can work with you to create and implement the right strategy to increase awareness for your brand, generate qualified leads, and drive sales. Contact us today to start a conversation!